Where is the Rugby World Cup occurring?
The 2023 Rugby World Cup is being played in France throughout 9 arenas in 9 cities. The last will certainly be dipped into the Stade de France in Saint-Denis (Paris).
- Stade de France (ability 80,698) – Saint-Denis, Paris
- Stade de Marseille (67,394) – Marseille
- OL Stadium (59,186) – Lyon
- Stade Pierre-Mauroy (50,186) – Lille
- Stade de Bordeaux (42,115) – Bordeaux
- Stade Geoffroy-Guichard (41,965) – Saint-Étienne
- Stade de Nice (35,624) – Nice
- Stade de la Beaujoire (35,322) – Nantes
- Stade de Toulouse (33,150) – Toulouse
Who is playing?
A total amount of 20 groups gotten approved for the Rugby World Cup. These groups were divided right into 4 swimming pools of 5, with each swimming pool obtaining one group from 5 ‘bands’.
Band one included the 4 highest-ranked groups from when the draw for the competition was made back in 2019 (South Africa, New Zealand, England, Wales). Band 2 made up the next 4 highest-ranked groups (Ireland, Australia, France, Japan) and band 3 the 4 afterwards (Scotland, Argentina, Fiji, Italy).
Each side in the initial 3 bands certified immediately for the competition due to their globe rating, while the more 2 bands made up the sides that had actually made it right into the competition by means of certifying (Samoa, Georgia, Uruguay, Tonga, Namibia, Romania, Chile, Portugal).
South Africa are the protecting champs. They beat England in the last in 2019.